REQUIRED FIELD *
> Wayne Arts does not distribute any information we receive to third party or any other individuals. Email correspondence is strictly password protected and is used solely to inform our subscribers and members of program information or special events. It is always possible to opt out of email correspondence.
Our volunteers are the “heART” ❤️ of Wayne Arts!
Wayne Arts runs completely on the energy of our volunteers. If you would like to help carry on our mission of "Arts for All", just a couple of hours a month is all it would take to lighten the load for everyone. Rest assured, saying you can help does not mean we’ll be calling you every week!
Ready to lend a hand?
Just fill out and submit the form below and Submit.
We'll get back to you within 48 hours.
For more information contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 585-330-2379
- staff the gallery/gift shop to keep it open during the week
- vacuuming, dusting, light cleaning of gallery & gift shop
- address and stamp letters and post cards
- ordering/purchasing supplies
- provide refreshments for receptions and other events
- set-up, serve and clean-up receptions
- seek out artists for Main and Fayad Galleries May - December
- chair an exhibit (May through December)
- coordinate High School/Middle School Exhibits - March & April
- be present for drop off and pick up of art at beginning and end of exhibits
- hang new exhibits, once per month May - December
- seek out judges for judges shows
- coordinate with Communications and Volunteer Committees
- maintain database of memberships
- send out renewal notices
- solicit and welcome new members
- solicit business pARTnerships
- work closely with Membership Committee to learn of members interested in volunteering
- contact members about their interest in volunteering
- train new volunteers or put volunteer in contact with specific committee chair for training
- contact volunteers to provide assistance as needed
- assisting with the children’s art classes (check in students & assist in the classroom)
- coordinating classes for adults or children
- seek out teachers for classes
- promoting classes in the various communities and school
- offer an artist demonstration or workshop
- teach a class for adults or children
- work with the Grants committee for funding
- Contact high schools to let them know of the internship program
- Contact applicants, let them know the expectations,
- Complete paperwork for students receive community service credit
- Newsletter - gathering, writing, editing news articles
- create postcards and posters for exhibits
- update website and Facebook page frequently
- distribute promotional materials (posters, postcards) to off-site locations
- write articles for newspapers and send press releases
- send email updates to members and others
- outreach to community organizations, politicians, business leaders
Facilities & Maintenance Committee
- patch and paint walls after exhibits and in January/February
- light carpentry, plumbing and electrical as needed
- light gardening and seasonal outdoor work
- communicate with Landlord as necessary
Grant Writing Team
- collect data for grant writing,
- write one or more of the grants
- take part in the FLCAG Panel
- team up with Education and Exhibits Committees regarding funding
- generating ideas and organizing fund raisers
- coordinate with Public Relations, Volunteers, Communications & other committees
- provide tech support for website and webmail, phone, wi-fi and other technology systems
- knowledge of software (Excel, Word)
Photographer Pool - photograph events, classes/workshops and receptions for use on
website, facebook and to support grants
Gift Shop Manager
- maintain inventory database, pay artists, coordinate in-take/turn over of art in the store
- display items for sale
Become a Board Member - We’d love to have you!
Other? Let us know your ideas, talents and interests and how you'd like to contribute!
Tell a Friend, Bring a Friend - Perhaps you or someone you know has an artistic skill and is willing to share in one or more of these areas: painting, drawing, sculpture, printing, photography, fiber arts, crafts, poetry, writing, music, mixed media, woodworking, glass or other. Feel free to share this with them! Bring them along and volunteer together!